Tuesday, April 17, 2018

AM I A POOR MAN?


Once there lived a wealthy, rich, prosperous, well off and an affluent man named Pema, in a village called Norbugang. By nature, he was rude, evil minded, arrogant, liar, egoistic, dominant and materialistic minded. He would dominate the people of low status and feel jealousy over the people of high status in the name of his wealth. There had never been a moment, where he treated the people with dignity and respect. He would rather, take the position of dictatorship and command to the people. He would answer with revenge if people fail to meet his command.
On contrary, there also lived a poor, disadvantaged, needy, impoverished, deprived, and penniless man named Karma, in the same village. His living standard was below the level of average people and it was even difficult for him to manage the daily meals. However, he was good, novel minded, wholesome, good hearted and honest. He would never tell lie to the people and he would agree to the all level of the people with greatest respect and admiration. He usually helped the needy one with earnest love and care.
One sunny afternoon, the poor man went in search of food toward the core of village, carrying his torn basket. On the way, he met the rich man. At the very first glance, the poor man had shown his respect to the rich man through bowing and greetings. However, he did not get any response from the rich man. He repeatedly greeted the rich man until he got the response. At the expanse of respecting the rich man, he found the rich man was carrying the black suitcase.
Then the poor man eagerly asked, “Sir what is in your hand?”    
Rich man said, “Nothing”
Again poor man requested, “Sir, May I help you to carry your thing to your place?”
Then rich man said, “Okay, if you are willing to, you can, but don’t ask me further questions”.
Poor man said, “Follow me Sir”.
Poor man carried his suitcase on his head like a coolie and rich man followed the poor.
They were almost close to rich man’s place. Suddenly, the poor man heard the ‘clinging’ sound from the suitcase, and he was astonished.
He exclaimed, “Oh my god! Sir what is there inside the suitcase? I heard the clinging sound of something.”The rich man did not response the poor man, but he kept on asking. Finally, the rich man said,
“It is nothing, but full of gold coins”.
The poor man said, “Gold coins! From where did you get it sir?”
The rich man said, “You don’t know living in the same locality, there is a king, and for every dog he is giving a bagful of gold coins”.
Poor man was eagerly listening to what rich man was saying. By then, they reached to the rich man’s place, and the poor man thanked him for sharing his ideas on how to get the gold coins. He returned home with the thought of gold coins in his head.
In the next day, he started his way towards king’s palace taking a dog. He was confident enough to get the gold coins, as he usually believes in what others say and get what he believes in. He reached at the gate of the palace and the guard first questioned him.
Guard: Hey, Who are you? Why did you come here?
Poor man: I am poor man sir; I came here to meet the King.
Then the guard informed to the king about poor man’s arrival, and the king allowed him to enter into the palace.
There the king asked him, the reason for his visit to the palace. The poor man had clearly shared the reason for coming to the palace. He explained the way, the rich man told to him a week before.
The king realized that the rich man has cheated him. The king felt sorry to him and told the queen to give away a bagful of gold coins. The poor man experienced the sudden feelings of bliss, contentment, elation, enjoyment, and exhilaration on receiving the gold coins. He jumped out of laughter, danced playfully, thanked the king, and headed back to home.

On the way, he met the rich man. He said, “Oh my God! What brings you happiness in your poor face today?” The poor man replied with the smile on his face, “Thank you sir, today is my one happiest moment out of many days, and the credit is all yours”.
The poor man truthfully shared an incident on how he availed a bagful of gold coins. No sooner, did he show the gold coins then the trickle of jealous moved through the rich man. He started thinking of buying all the dogs from the village so; he might be getting several bags of gold coins. The poor man happily gave handshake, kissed the rich man’s hand and said, “Thank you so much Sir”.
Then he bid him good-bye and walked away.
The first rays of morning tiptoed through the green grass, and the rich man started his way towards the king’s palace with the strings of dogs. He made his way to the gate and the guard stopped him.
“Who are you?” the guard questioned.
He majestically said, “You don’t know, I am one of the rich men in this community”.
The guard informed the king, “Your majesty, the rich man is here to meet you”.
The king ordered, “Send him in!”
He proudly entered into the palace with the strings of the dogs and stood nearby the king.
The king questioned him, “What makes you to come here”?
The rich man said, “Poor man was saying that for every dog you are giving a bag full of gold coins that is why I am here today”.
As soon as he explained about the reason of his visiting to the palace, the anger and terror unfolded on king’s face. His anger faltered, and sorrow filled his face. The king stood up from his seat, grabbed his shoulders, pulled him roughly against him and slapped him.
Then the king ordered, “Guard! Take him away from me, beat him, put him in the prison, and I don’t want to see his face any more”.
The king kicked him out of his place, and the black blood has started oozing out from the mouth. The guards have circled him, battered and punished him brutally. He has drowned in the sea of disappointment, re great, and the pain has greatly penetrated into him. He realized the mistakes that he committed and it gave him more pain than the physical suffering he underwent. He learned the lesson to be a kind, honest, simple and wholesome mind.
Moral: Honest people get reward, and honesty is the best policy.


                            General introduction of the characters
SI. no
Characters
Dominant emotion
Costumes
Props
Expression/ gesture.
1.
Poor man (Karma)
 Good, noble minded, wholesome, superb, good hearted, honest and hardworking.

Torn, Old faded gho and gumboot


Torn bag

Scene I: shows facial expression, when he encounters with the rich man
Scene II: Jumps with bodily gesture when the King offered him with the bagful of ‘gold coins’.

2.
Rich man (Pema)

New, colorful gho, Hat, and New shoe.

Suitcase

Scene I: Shows egoistic gesture by raising the eyebrow while poor man is greeting.
Scene III: Helplessly cries when the King and the Guard beat him. 

3.
The King
Honest, Noble, Sympathetic, Charming, Diplomatic and Calm
New woven gho and expansive boot

Sword
Scene II: Rewards the poor man with pity face.
Scene III: Beat rich man with angry face.

4.
Queen
 Sympathetic, Wholesome, Compassionate, Faithful and Calm



New and colorful Kira

Accessories
Scene III: She approaches the King with smile.


5
Guard

Committed
Black gho
Gun
Scene III: Beats rich man showing serious gesture.
Script: Am I poor man?
Scene I   [It takes place on the way]
Narrator: One sunny afternoon, the poor man was heading toward the core of the village in search of daily meals. The sky was clear, bright and the dews were no more on the grass. However, the scorching sun took the role of an umbrella, and covered the whole Earth. It was on that Sunny afternoon, the poor man was carrying, torn brunette basket, and heading toward the core of the village. On the way, he encountered the rich man, Karma. At the very first glance, the poor man greeted him with the warm and hospitable greetings.  [Curtain opens]
Poor man: Good afternoon sir [poor man greeted with stammering tone]
Rich man: Good afternoon, good afternoon [Proudly replied by raising his eyebrow]
Poor man: Sir, what is there in your hand? [Hesitantly said]
Rich man: How dare you ask this rubbish question to me? [Frowned at the top of his voice]
Poor man: Sorry sir [Whole body shake]
Rich man: Be mindful of your own business, and do not ever try to compare with the people like me.
Poor man:  Sir, I did not mean to hurt you, but I was just asking about the thing, which is in your hand. [Hesitantly said]
Rich man: It is just a suitcase! [Proudly said]
Poor man: Can I help you to carry your suitcase sir?
Rich man: Of course, you can carry it if you are willing to, but do not ask me any question. [Warned by pointing his fore finger]
Poor man: Follow me sir. [Poor man was carrying the suitcase like coolie]
Poor man: Sir, what is there inside the suitcase? I heard the ‘clinging’ sound of gold coins.
Narrator: Poor man heard the clinging sound of gold coins and he suddenly dropped the suitcase.
Rich man: Nothing, it is just a full of gold coins. [Proudly said]
Poor man: Gold coins! How did you get it sir? Would you mind sharing your ideas on getting the gold coins? [Jumped as he heard word ‘Gold coins’]
Rich man: You do not know living in the same locality. In our village, we have the king, and for every dog, he is rewarding a bagful of gold coins. [Proudly said]
Poor man: Thank you for sharing your ideas Sir [Happily greeted]
Rich man: Okay, you can go back now. Do what I said.
Poor man: Okay good-bye sir. [Happily bid him and walked away]
[Curtain closes]

Scene II   [Takes place in the king’s palace]
Narrator: In the next day, he started his way towards king’s palace taking a dog. He was confident enough to get the gold coins, as he usually believes in what others say and get what he believes in. He reached at the entrance of the palace and the guard first questioned him. [Curtain open]
Guard: Hey, Who are you? What makes you to come here? [Said Majestically]
Poor man: I am poor man Sir; I have come here to meet the king. [Bowed and said]
Guard: Your majesty, the poor man is here with a dog to meet you. [Respectfully said]
King: Send him in.
Narrator: Poor man slowly entered into the palace, taking his fluffy dog as per the King’s order.
King: Who are you? Why did you come here? [Said boldly]
Narrator: The poor man bowed and painstakingly shared the truth, which he heard from the rich man, and King knew the rich man has cheated him.
Poor man: Your Majesty, I am poor man. I have come here to meet you. In the previous week, I encountered with the rich man, and he said that for every dog your Majesty has given a bagful of gold coins. That is why I came here.
King: Okay I got it. [King was nodding]
King: My woman, give him a bagful of gold coins.
Queen: I would love to give your Majesty. [Queen gave him the bagful of gold coins]
Poor man: Thank you, your highness and Majesty.
Narrator: The poor man started heading home by singing….I got the gold coins, gold coins…]

Rich man: Hey, hey, hey, why are you so happy today? [Surprisingly asked]
Poor man: Thank you Sir today is my big day as I got a bagful of Gold coins, and it would not have been possible without your assistance. The full credit goes to you. Thank you once again. Good-bye Sir. [Breathlessly shared his happiness]
Narrator: The rich man started thinking aloud. Oh, I got an idea. I am the richest man of this community and I am going to spend all my wealth and take all the dogs to the king’s palace, so I will get more gold coins, and he proudly headed home. [Curtain open]

Scene III:   [Takes place in the King’s palace]
Narrator: The first rays of morning tiptoed through the green grass, and the rich man started his way towards the king’s palace with the strings of dogs. He thought he would get more gold coins than the poor man would, and made his way confidently towards king’s palace. There the guard has stopped him. [Curtain opens]
Guard: Hey, Who are you? Why did you come here? [Majestically questioned]
Rich man: You do not know I am one of the richest men of this community. I have come here to meet the king. [Proudly said]
Guard: Your Majesty, a man with strings of dogs has come here for you.
King: Let him in. [harshly said]
King: Who are you? Why did you come here?
Rich man: I am one of the richest men of this village, and I have come here to meet you. [Talked informally]
Rich man: In the previous week, I met the poor man and he said that for every dog you have offered a bag full of gold coins. That is why I have come here today. [He said it confidently by looking straight to the King]
Narrator: King knew he was the one, whom he cheated the poor man in the previous week. The King got angry and, the anger and terror unfolded on king’s face. His anger faltered, and sorrow filled his face. The king stood up from his seat.
King: You are a great liar! You do not deserve the gold coins rather you deserve my slap. [He was slapped and kicked off]
King: Guard, beat him and get him out of this palace, I do not want to see his face anymore. [Helplessly cried]
Guard: Okay, your Majesty. You liar, cheater you deserve this belt. I am going to beat you to the death.
Narrator: He was mercilessly beaten and the blood was oozing out of his mouth, and he moaned and sobbed. [Curtain closes]



No comments:

Post a Comment

Children are little scientist

Many a time, we overlook students. We are accustomed to our traditional way of teaching and learning scenario and the same trend is in the f...